Joomla шаблоны бесплатно


The Town hall is a body of city self-government in a number of European countries, as well as a building of city self-government. In Kamianets-Podilskyi it was built in the 15th century on the Polish Market Square, in the center of the Old Town. The Town hall has  rectangular shape in plan, with a meeting room (magistrate) on the first floor. Until 1793, the building was housed by Polish and Ukrainian-Polish magistrate (except 1672-1699, when the city was occupied by the Turkish). In the XVII century the dungeons of the Town hall housed torture chambers. During the period when the city was part of the Russian Empire, the ensemble of the Town hall housed the magistrate and the city council. In 1870-1917 in the Magistrate's House was a city police department. After the Second World War, the Town Hall was restored (completed in 1956). In 1965, the first floor of the Town Hall was turned into one of the branches of the Kamyanets-Podilsky Historical Museum-Reserve. Today, there are three exhibitions in the Town Hall: "History of Magdeburg Law in Podillya", "History of Money" and "Court in Medieval Kamyanets".
© 2021 ТОВ ФІРМА "АЛЕН" All Rights Reserved. All questions about website work write to